||Gulf of Aden, Red Sea and Arabian Sea ports
||Yemen Coastguard and community members who benefit from maritime security
||Capacity Building, Security and Safety
||UNODC, Public Works Programme
||Click to download
The programme aims to re-establish the Yemen Coast Guard (YCG), strengthen the criminal justice chain on the investigation, prosecution and trial of maritime crimes, and progress towards port security, maritime security and regional security.
CPD Outcome 1: Yemenis contribute to and benefit from inclusive, accountable and gender responsive governance, at local and central levels
- Assessments of Maritime Law enforcement and port security agencies are completed.
- Coast Guard capability to interdict and investigate maritime crime strengthened.
- Operational capacity of the Coast Guard is strengthened.
- An enabling environment for maritime safety and security is promoted.
- Two thematic coastguard assessments undertaken.
- 100 Coastguard personnel benefit from training and mentoring.
- Four coastguard facilities are rehabilitated and equipment provided.
- Three coordination and dialogue events are convened with regional and political stakeholders.
- Detailed assessments of the capacity of the Coast Guard have been completed in Aden.
- Boating safety equipment, spare parts and COVID 19 PPE have been handed over to the Coast Guard.
- Training and mentoring programme has commenced on law enforcement, seamanship, navigation, human rights and maritime engineering.
- Coast Guard coordination meeting held with representatives of the Yemen Coast Guard from the Red Sea, Arabian Sea and Gulf of Aden zones.