- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 22
17 Feb 2015
The UN has been in operation in Yemen for over 60 years, sometimes through very difficult circumstances. Over these 60 years, UN agencies, funds and programmes have continued to work with the government, civil society partners and Yemeni women and men to ensure that activities related to health, education, food and shelter, just to name a few areas of assistance, are not disrupted.
18 Nov 2014
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Government of Yemen and the Yemeni private sector was signed today in Washington DC to foster an enabling environment for business creation and youth employment.
29 May 2014
Government of Yemen and UNDP signs two Project Documents supporting Yemen during the transitional period
A signing ceremony was organized at the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation in which two of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) projects to support Government of Yemen efforts during the transitional period were signed.
29 May 2014
The Government of Yemen and the United Nations sign the Peacebuilding Priority Plan for Yemen worth $12 million
The Minister of Planning and International Cooperation, His Excellency Mohammed al Saadi, the United Nations Resident Coordinator, Mr. Paolo Lembo, and a representative of the Office of the Special Adviser of the Secretary-General, Mr. Niels Guenther, today signed the Peacebuilding Priority Plan and five initial projects.
01 Apr 2014
Mr. Paolo Lembo assumes his duties as the UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Yemen
Mr. Paolo Lembo today assumed his duties as the Resident Coordinator (RC) of the United Nations in Yemen. He is responsible for coordinating all UN entities in the country to ensure that UN’s efforts are coherent and aligned with the Government’s development priorities and the needs and aspirations of the people living in the Yemen.
26 Mar 2014
The UN is grateful for the determined efforts of the Yemeni Authorities which secured their safe return.
18 Feb 2014
Sana’a, during a meeting with Dr. Mohammed Al-Sa’adi, Minister of Planning and International Cooperation, Mr. Ismail Ouldcheickh Ahmed, UDNP Resident Representative handed over copy of a progress report on UNDP support during the first two years (2012-2013) of transitional period.
11 Feb 2014
Sana’a, Tuesday 11 February 2014, a ceremony was held at Movenpick Hotel under the auspices of the Prime Minister, Mr Mohammed Basindwa, to launch the findings of a comprehensive Multidimensional Livelihoods Assessment in Conflict Affected Areas of Abyan, Amran, Hajjah and Taiz governorates
10 Feb 2014
United Nations Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator visits the Officials of Aden and Abyan, discusses humanitarian issues and long term solutions.
10, Feb, 2014 - Aden, Mr Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed, UN Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in Yemen, visited on 10 February the Port city of Aden, accompanied by Ms Mikiko Tanaka, Director of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Yemen and Mr Trond Jensen, Director of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
25 Dec 2013
UNDP Yemen has the honor of welcoming Ms. Mikiko Tanaka as its new Country Director. Ms. Tanaka started her assignment in Yemen today, 24th December 2013, taking over from the former Senior Country Director Gustavo Gonzalez.
25 Sep 2013
Statement of Sima Bahous Assistant Secretary General and Chair of the Regional UN Development Group for the Arab States
I thank His Excellency, HRH Prince Saud Al Faisal, Foreign Minister of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, for hosting this meeting and for the leadership of Saudi Arabia in co-chairing the Friends of Yemen.
25 Sep 2013
Interview: “There will be no stability if we don’t also deal with the underlying causes of the current crisis.”
This morning (25 September), the United Nations Secretary General and Humanitarian Chief, as well as Ministers, directors of UN agencies and others will gather in the margins of the UN General Assembly to discuss the political, economic and security situation in Yemen.
26 Aug 2013
Sana’a, a joint press conference on the status of implementation of the Ottawa Anti-Personnel Mine Treaty.
Sana'a, a joint press conference was convened at Taj Sheba Hotel to brief the media and public on the status of implementation of the Ottawa Anti-Personnel Mine Treaty, which Yemen was among the first countries to sign and adopt.
31 Jul 2013
Additional Support for Government Efforts to Restore Livelihoods in Post Conflict Areas: UNDP signs three new projects with a total cost of US$ 4.4 million.
Sana'a, Wednesday, A signing ceremony was organize today at the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation, in which three United Nations Development Programme funded project documents were signed to support the Government of Yemen’s efforts in restoring livelihoods in post conflict areas with a total cost of US$ 4.4 million.
04 Apr 2013
Today the world is celebrating the International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action. In 1998, 111 countries all over the world made a commitment to clear their lands of Explosive remnants of war to protect their civilians from death and injury and allow farmers to regain their land.
27 Mar 2013
UNDP Country Office presented to the members of the National Dialogue Conference (NDC) the status of Human Development in Yemen. The presentation was well acknowledged by members of the NDC
16 Mar 2013
The rise of the South is radically reshaping the world of the 21st century, with developing nations driving economic growth, lifting hundreds of millions of people from poverty, and propelling billions more into a new global middle class, says the United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) 2013 Human Development Report.
24 Feb 2013
Under the leadership of the National Mines Action Committee (NMAC), the Yemen Mines Action Center (YEMAC) and UNDP developed a new project document to take into account the new challenges in the field of mines action as a result of the recent conflicts, particularly in the North and the South of the country.
15 Feb 2013
Yemen has been declared “eligible” to the United Nations Peace-building Fund. The news has been confirmed by the UNDP’s Senior Country Director, Gustavo Gonzalez, who added that this decision “opens a promising venue for a strategic partnership amongst Yemen, a wide large of donors supporting the Peacebuilding Fund and the United Nations”.
15 Feb 2013
The 2013 Human Development Report – "The Rise of the South: Human Progress in a Diverse World" – will be launched on 14 March in Mexico City by President Enrique Peña Nieto of Mexico and UNDP Administrator Helen Clark.
- Yemenis from Taiz have few bakeries operating nowadays. Due to lack of fuel, electricity, wheat, and fleeing of citizens, people are now standing in long lines for handful of bread. The ongoing violence is not only causing death but it is putting a toll on people’s livelihood every day. United Nations Development Programme - UNDP Helen Clark 3 hours ago
- أثر نقص المشتقات النفطية في اليمن على إمدادات المياه الرئيسية في العديد من المحافظات بسبب عدم قدرة مضخات المياة على العمل ويضطر المواطنون في محافظة تعز الى الوقوف في الطوابير أمام ناقلات المياة القليلة المتواجدة من اجل الحصول على المياة الغير محلاه والتي لاتصلح للشرب. وتعاني اليمن من الامراض التي تنقلها المياة ويعتبرالإسهال هو أحد الأعراض المتفشية في البلاد واحد أهم الأسباب الرئيسية لوفيات الأطفال في اليمن. اليمن الان على مشارف كارثة إنسانية غير مسبوقة وأن إجتماع الهجمات الجوية و القتال البري وكذلك الحصار البري والجوي المفروض عليها قد حرم المواطنيين العاديين وكذلك الخدمات العامة والقطاع الخاص من الطاقة و الوقود والمياه، والأمن والغذاء والدواء. Yesterday AT 06:58 AM
- Fuel shortage in Yemen is affecting main water supplies in many governorates due to lack of functioning water pumps. People are forced to lineup for non-potable water transported by limited numbers of water trucks in Taiz. People in Yemen are suffering from water borne diseases; diarrhea is one of the symptoms rampant in the country and one of top causes for child mortality in Yemen. Yemen is in an unprecedented humanitarian disaster. The combination of air attacks, ground fighting, sea and air route blockades have deprived common people, public services and private sector of power, fuel, water, security, food, medicine. Helen Clark United Nations Development Programme - UNDP World Health Organization (WHO) Yesterday AT 06:08 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook